What Is It?
Camu-camu is a rare antioxidant-rich plant found in the Amazon rainforest. It produces reddish orange-coloured berries the size of red cherries. Camu-camu berries are famous for having the highest amount (by weight) of natural vitamin C known for a fruit, ranking far above other plant sources or berries. In comparison to oranges (by weight), Camu-camu yields 30-50 times more natural vitamin C, 10 times more iron, 3 times more niacin (vitamin B3), twice as much riboflavin(vitamin B2), and 50% more phosphorus.
In the Peruvian Amazon areas, camu-camu berries (being too sour to be eaten on its own) have been traditionally made into camu-camu juice to improve the immune system, fight viral infections and maintain optimal health(eyes, skin, gums).
If you think consuming Raw Camu-Camu Berry powder is the same as consuming any other Vitamin C supplement, you have been misinformed. The Camu-camu berry, being a whole food, also has a full complementary set (complex) of naturally-occurring minerals, bioflavonoids and amino acids (co-factors) that increases the effectiveness of natural vitamin C absoprtion in our bodies. In contrast, synthetic/isolated Vitamin C in the form of supplements, or even Ester C, do not have these naturally-occurring compounds. Whole food sources of natural Vitamin C always come in one package with complementary components -as Mother Nature intends it to be- that work synergistically with Vitamin C for optimal absoprtion and benefits in the human body. And Raw Camu-camu berry powder is one of the undisputed top whole food sources of full-spectrum Vitamin C, with an unusually high percentage of Vitamin C by weight.
In our modern fast-paced lifestyle where consuming LOTS of fruits and raw vegetables daily can be challenging at times, adding Raw Camu-Camu Powder to our diet can be a very convenient way to top up on our daily requirements of full-spectrum Vitamin C.
Botanical name :Myrciaria dubia
Odor/Taste : Tart, tangy, intense
Certified organic with USDA and EU.
Nature's Superfoods' Raw Camu-Camu Berry Powder is dried and milled at low temperatures (raw) from whole camu-camu berries (to preserve all nutrients and antioxidants), with no added carriers, fillers, preservatives or sugar. Raw Camu-Camu Berry Powder is very concentrated - you might want to know that it takes 25kg of Camu-Camu berries to produce just 1 kg of Raw Camu-Camu powder.
Nature's Superfoods' Raw Camu-Camu Berry Powder is available in net 100g reseleable packs.
How to Use
How to enjoy Raw Camu-Camu Berry Powder:
Raw Camu-Camu Berry powder has a sourish, tangy taste. We recommend mixing the powder directly into smoothies, water, fruit juices, raw honey drink, or sprinkle on top of yoghurt, granola or raw desserts, to top up your daily Vitamin C requirements. Please do not make a hot drink/beverage or bake with Raw Camu Powder as Vitamin C is destroyed by heat.
Recommended daily intake: One teaspoon (4g) - provides more than 200mg of full-spectrum Vitamin C. To put things into perspective, five (5) varied serviings of fruits and raw vegetable provides approx. 200mg of full-spectrum Vitamin C.
In order to maximize the absorption of Vitamin C in your body, it is best to take small doses throughout the day (for example 1/2 teaspoon taken twice a day) as excess Vitamin C that is not absorbed by the body will be excreted in the urine.
This recommended daily intake may be increased to 2 teaspoons (8g) if you are down with a cold or a viral infection. The elderly, smokers and heavy drinkers will also need a higher intake of natural full-spectrum Vitamin C.
Nature's Superfoods' raw camu-camu berry powder comes in net 100g resealable packs.
Note: High doses of vitamin C (for example, more than 1000mg) may cause diarrhea and irritate the digestive tract; thus taking small doses throughout the day helps avoid these symptoms and maximize the absorption rate of Vitamin C.
Best kept refrigerated, or store product in a cool, dry and dark place, away from direct sunlight.
Raw Camu-Camu Powder is one of the top natural (whole food) sources of high-density, full-spectrum Vitamin C. Its health benefits include:
1. Boosts the Immune System, Anti-Viral - Raw Camu-Camu Berry powder, with its amazingly high concentration of natural Vitamin C, fights viral infections such as the common cold, the flu, herpes, cold sores, shingles. Raw Camu powder also has strong anti-inflammatory properties- helps prevent atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), ease the pain of arthritis. Camu-Camu berry is also known to help fight gingivitis, the gum disease that can affect dental health.
2. Enhances Skin Care and Joint Health - aids in collagen formation/rejuvenation, and in the healing of wounds, due to high Vitamin C (an antioxidant) content. Camu-Camu is also high in beta-carotene (another antioxidant) which helps to protect the skin against sun damage. The antioxidant-rich Camu powder helps fight free radicals in our bodies (free radicals attack healthy cells thus resulting in premature aging).
3. Restores & Maintains Eye Health - getting plenty of full-spectrum Vitamin C, beta-carotene and anthocyanins (all of which can be found in exceptional amounts in raw camu powder) can guard against eye diseases such as glaucoma, cataracts and age-related macular degeneration, and promote sharper vision.
4. Heightens Brain Performance / Mental Clarity - adequate levels of full-spectrum Vitamin C are needed to support a healthy nervous system and brain functions (by fighting free radicals and reducing oxidative stress in the brain). Consuming Raw Camu Powder daily can help improve memory and protect your brain from neurodegenerative disorders such as dementia and Alzheimer’s.
5. Lifts Mood - balance your mood with Raw Camu Powder which supports proper serotonin levels in the brain, and reduces the stress hormone (cortisol) level. Serotonin is a mood-balancing chemical in the brain that is associated with a sense of well-being and happiness; it also helps to improve sleep. Camu-Camu is listed by Dr James Duke, a botanist, as the No. 2 natural anti-depressant in a list of hundreds of botanicals.
To know more about daily Vitamin C requirement, the difference between natural Vitamin C complex (like Camu Berry powder) and synthetic/isolated Vitamin C supplements, and other health benefits, download our write up Camu-Camu Berry Powder
On top of the unusually high amount of Vitamin C (>5000mg/100g powder), Raw Camu Powder contains a full spectrum of naturally-occurring antioxidants, amino acids (such as serine, valine, and leucine) and bioflavonoids (such as quercetin, rutin, ellagic acid, catechins, flavonols, among others) which promote the optimal absorption of Vitamin C in the body.
Raw Camu powder also has a variety of other important vitamins and minerals, including Calcium, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, niacin (Vitamin B3), riboflavin (Vitamin B2), and thiamin (Vitamin B1). The skin of the berries are rich in antixoxidants like beta-carotenes and anthocyanins (also found in raw camu powder).
Camu-Camu Berry Powder contains evern more Vitamin C than acerola and acai, two superfoods known for their extremely high Vitamin C contents. In Camu-Camu fruits, lutein is the dominating carotenoid, followed by beta-carotene and zeaxanthin
Servings per package(100g): 25
Serving size: 4g (1 teaspoon)
|| Per Serving