What Is It?
Meet the Maqui Berry - the antioxidant champion among all known berries. This little-known Chilean superberry packs a powerful punch of antioxidants, vitamins & minerals which places the deep purple berry in an entirely different league among other popular superfruits like acai berries, bilberries, goji berries, blueberries, pomegranate, etc. Maqui Berry's ORAC (a measurement of antioxidant capacity) value was tested to be higher than any other berry/fruit discovered in the world!
Grown wild in one of the world’s cleanest places -the Patagonia region, Chile- the Maqui berry was first discovered by the native Mapuche Indians who are known in history for being an unconquerable tribe of warriors - they are basically stronger, smarter and healthier than their adversaries. This resilient tribe has been consuming maqui berries for centuries for strength & stamina, as well as for a variety of ailments such as sore throat, diarrhea, ulcers, fever, diabetes, tumors, among others.
Botanical name :Aristotelia chilensis.
Appearance/Color: Deep purple powder
Odor/Taste : Mild berry taste
Certified organic with USDA and EU.
Nature's Superfoods' Maqui Berry Powder is crafted from freeze-dried whole maqui berries (to preserve all nutrients and antioxidants), with no added carriers, preservatives or sugar. Available in Singapore in net 75g reseleable packs.
How to Use
How to consume Maqui Berry powder:
- Very mild pleasant taste, versatile with any recipe!
- Mix purple powder directly into water, smoothies, juices, beverages, yoghurt, dessert, etc. Cold or lukewarm temperatures only.
- Sprinkle over salads.
- Not suitable for baking or cooking.
Recommended daily intake : 1 - 2 teaspoons or 4g. Children to take half of the recommended serving of adults.
For extra antioxidant boost for skin health- combine Maqui Berry Powder and Camu-Camu Berry powder into your recipe for example in smoothie, juice, or just water!
Take 1 teaspoon of Maqui with water/fluids after exercise/workout to reap its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
With every 4 gr (1 teaspoon) of maqui powder ingested, you get approximately:
3000 ORAC units
262 mg of polyphenols
126 mg of anthocyanins
1. Strong Antioxidant & Anti-Inflammatory Benefits : reduces risk of modern degenerative diseases & neurodegenerative diseases (cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, athritis, dementia, etc)
2. Slows Aging : Antioxidants are your body’s primary defense against oxidative stress and premature aging. Maqui berries’ antioxidants (anthocyanins) work together with vitamin C (also present in maqui berries) to strengthen collagen fibers in the skin which may suffer from oxidative damage due to aging
3. Helps improve cholesterol & triglyceride levels (in tandem with exercise & a balanced diet)
4. Beneficial for diabetes and weight control : “Consuming maqui berries or their juice with or after meals can help to suppress blood glucose, thereby evening out energy and preventing the formation of new fat cells. As a result, maqui may prove to be a beneficial aid in weight control.” – Fox News Health. Again, don’t forget that effective weight control/loss must incorporate both nutrition and exercise
5. Helps relieve joint aches and pain : Maqui Berries have natural COX 2-inhibiting activity, hence it can help reduce inflammation and pain, especially in arthritic conditions
The anthocyanins in maqui may help in improving vision, and also in the treatment of ulcers (reduction of bacterial infections).
For more benefits of organic freeze-dried Maqui Berry powder, download our write-up Maqui Berry Powder
The antioxidants (anthocyanins and polyphenols) in Maqui Berries is among the highest of all fruits and vegetables, even higher than popular berries like acai berries, bilberries or blueberries. Besides boasting an incredible amount of antioxidants, Maqui Berry powder is also a good source of Vitamin A, C, calcium, iron, potassium. Maqui Berries’ anthocyanins work together with vitamin C to strengthen collagen fibres in the skin which may suffer from oxidative damage due to aging.
Consuming an antioxidant-rich diet better protects your body cells from excessive free radical damage which can lead to degenerative chronic diseases, premature ageing, among others.
Servings per package(75g): about 37
Serving size: 2g (half teaspoon)
|| Per 100g