What Is It?
Nature's Superfoods brings you another super berry, the Acai (pronounced ah-sah-EE). Acai Berry is a deep purplish-blue berry that grows in bunches on acai palm trees. In the last decade, the popularity of Acai berries has grown tremendously, especially in the United States due to its high antioxidant (higher than blueberries and red wine), high fibre and healthy fat properties (omega fatty acids).
Native to the Amazon rainforests of South and Central America, the acai has been a staple of many Amazonian communities for generations. Traditional uses for the nutrient-dense Acai fruit included treatment for diarrhea, parasitic infections, hemorrhages, ulcers and various skin conditions.
Botanical name : Euterpe oleracea
Appearance/Color: Deep purple powder
Odor/Taste : Wild berry taste with a hint of dark chocolate
Certified organic with USDA and EU.
Nature's Superfoods' Acai Berry Powder is freeze-dried (to preserve all nutrients and antioxidants), with no added carriers, preservatives or sugar.
Available in Singapore in net 90g resealable packs.
How to Use
Freeze Dried Acai Berry Powder has a nice berry taste with a hint of chocolate and is versatile with any no-heat recipe!
Stir the beautiful dark purple powder directly into water, smoothies, juices, cereal, yogurt, desserts or just about anything. Cold or lukewarm temperatures only.
Not suitable for baking or cooking.
Recommended daily intake : 3 teaspoons or 3g. Children to take half of the recommended serving of adults.
1. Protects Heart, Anti-Diabetic, May Improve Cholesterol Levels : Studies show positive association between the consumption of anthocyanin-rich foods (especially berries) and cardiovascular disease protection & healthy cholesterol ratio.
2. Very Strong Anti-Inflammatory Benefits : A 2011 study led to the discovery of velutin, a unique flavone found in acai fruit. Velutin is considered to be the most anti-inflammatory compound among all plant-based flavonoid.
3. Good Energy Source
4. Improves Brain Functions : Recent studies show potential of acai berry to mitigate and reverse effects of age-related loss of cognitive function and memory.
5. Enhances Natural Immunity : A unique compound found in acai berry can enhance the body's fight against infections.
6. Slows Aging : Antioxidants are your body’s primary defense against oxidative stress and premature aging. Acai berries also contains anti-inflammatory omega fatty acids that help improve overall skin condition.
7. Improves Digestion : Acai is a good source of dietary fibre.
For more benefits of organic freeze-dried Acai Berry powder, download our write-up Acai Berry Powder
The Acai Berry contains considerably high anthocyanin antioxidants (higher than blueberries for example) as well as beneficial omega fatty acids (3, 6, 9). It also contains vitamin A & vitamin C and minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium and phosphorus.
Consuming an antioxidant-rich diet better protects your body cells from excessive free radical damage which can lead to degenerative chronic diseases, premature ageing, among others.
Servings per package(90g): about 30
Serving size: 3g (3 teaspoons)
|| Per 100g
| Saturated fat
| Trans fat
| Dietry Fibre