Matcha Protein Mug Cake
This entry was posted on January 11, 2019.
This fluffy little cake is the perfect solution when you’re craving for a quick solo sweet treat. You’ll find that this tasty morsel is made with natural ingredients and healthy alternatives so you can still stay on track with your healthy diet.
The matcha gives this cake its strong green tea flavor and earthy, dark green colour, not to mention you’ll be able to benefit from its rich antioxidant, chlorophyll and L-theanine amino acid content, giving your body a detox boost, reduce your stress and inducing a more alert state of mind.
SUPERFOOD TIP: You can sprinkle a bit of cacao powder on the top for garnish and to add a delicious chocolatey twist to your matcha mug cake (as seen above)
- 22 grams (1½ Tbsp) all-purpose flour
- 10 grams (½ Tbsp) Matcha Protein Powder
- 1 Tsp NSF premium Matcha powder
- ¼ Tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp NSF coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp almond milk
- ½ Tbsp NSF Culinary Virgin Coconut Oil
- Add in the flour, protein powder, matcha powder, baking powder and sugar into a bowl. Whisk until the dry mixture is evenly blended with no lumps.
- Add in the milk and oil. Mix all ingredients together with a whisk until the batter is smooth and uniform in colour. Pour the batter into a microwave-safe mug.
- Pop the mug in the microwave and bake it at full power for 1 minute. Let the cake cool for a couple of minutes before eating. Enjoy!!